Friday, March 25, 2011

I want to be happy flower child

I love the idea of decorating your space with fresh flowers. But I'm not made of money. Buying flowers to brighten up your home or office gets expensive. But I've found many simple ways to create paper decorations that really cost next to nothing and last much longer than their real flower bouquets.


These simple roses can be made of any paper or felt you choose. A simple tutorial on how to make these can be found on http://talkcraftytome.com/2009/03/06/paper-flowers/. I made a felt bouquet of a similar color palette to my jewelry design logo to be placed with any jewelry that I sell locally. Many people have asked if the flowers are for sale as well. This would make a great decorative gift for anyone and is so easy and cheap. 

Another paper flower craft idea I would love to try is the Pomander Flower Ball. They would seem to be a great idea for wedding centerpieces. But I'm more interested in making these into house decorations or even christmas ornaments. I will post pictures if I ever attempt this crafty idea!
A tutorial for the Pomanders can be found at pizzazzerie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment