Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Exploring the World of Infographics

Chad Hagen Infographic
As a current student I hope to never stop learning because there are still so many facets of the design world that are foreign, fascinating and always evolving. One of those facets is Infographics. Infographics or Information Graphics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge. These graphics contain complex information quickly and clearly. We see infographics in maps, journalism, technical writting and education presentations. This first image is an infographic done by Minneapolis designer Chad Hagen who creates many beautiful infographics with similar style in each design. 




Infographic on Percentage of Word
Occurrences 
I've taken a course on Information Design at UW Stout. But I feel that a semester of such class wasn't quite enough to satisfy my curiosity of  this subject. As someone who is becoming more well versed in print and identity design this idea of information design sometimes eludes me. So many infographics become amazing representations of their information. But don't underestimate the ideation process for a designer in this media. It's easier for us to create graphics, but adding the factor of a graphic that has to showcase easily and quickly understandable information in a stunning graphic wrapper isn't a easy task. 
Ingographics incorporated
in Ad Design


As I am still working on the design of my resume, it dawned on my that Infographics could be just what I need to add flavor to my resume. I need a design layout that is less colorful that my original resume shown in a past post, but more eye - appealing and brain tingling. It's tricky to add your resume information into a Infographic. But here's an example of someone who succeeded at the task. 


Resume with Infographics

No comments:

Post a Comment